Saturday, November 20, 2010

Whats more important?

Everyone goes through a difficult time sometime in their life. Well started college i experienced one of my most difficult situations. I came into college working over 30hours, being a full time student, and wanting a little free time of my own. I went through a month of school struggling to get homework done and it was even harder to study. I was losing sleep, and i started drinking coffee. This was something i didn't want to do. I had to make a big decision. It was either to try to keep up and tire myself out or change something in my routine. Yes, i needed money but in the end what was going to benefit me more in the long run? I was always scared to talk to my boss and tell her that i wanted to cut my hours down. So i struggled for a while to work, go to school and have fun. But it came to a point where i had to say something.

Was my boss happy with me? No not at all. This was the part i was nervous about. I am not the type of person who likes to get yelled at. I explained that i needed to cut my hours down because i was struggling to keep up with school: and she didnt understand that. I guess she doesnt realize that to be a good student and get good grades it take up alot of your time. Well my situation ended with me doing what i htought was right. I started doing better and getting things done. Yes i had to sacrifice losing money here and there, but in the end i had to think what was more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment