Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Dream Come True


 
Southern Connecticut Website


Google images

Have you ever had one of those days where you just didn’t want to do anything, but you had to. This was one of those days. I was tired and I didn’t want to go to class or work. This was one of my longer days. I had school from 8-1230 and then work from 1-6. By the end I wanted to sleep. I was really debating whether or not to go to the football game. In the end I decided what would a couple more hours be if I already lasted most of the day not sleeping. I got to the game early for the tailgate part. The tailgate at our school is a time where all the students come together for food and music and some even got free tee-shirts. This was the time to socialize and hang out with friends.

Game time was almost here. This game wasn’t just any game; this game was going to be the first time in a long time that the team would be featured on TV. For a D-2 team this is pretty cool because many d-2 teams are never seen on TV. The crowd was rather big for southern, but the other team (American International) you couldn’t say the same for. They had very few people cheering them on. They had to have no more than 90-100 people. In the beginning I feel that the team got off on a bad start, but as the game went on I feel that they warmed up and started playing as if they wanted to win. You then realized that the game really meant something to them.
 I don’t really know a lot about football, but I do know that we won pretty big. The final score was 28-7. This was a big win especially on live TV.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment